For legal purposes the provider of this website is the Nunataryuk project consortium, represented by the coordinating partner Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research (AWI).
This imprint applies also to Nunataryuk appearances on other platforms - for example:
The Alfred Wegener Institute is a foundation under public law. (Stiftung des öffentlichen Rechts) The AWI is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres.
The Alfred Wegener Institute is legally represented by its Directorate:
Prof. Dr. Antje Boetius (Director)
Dr. Karsten Wurr (Administrative Director)
VAT identification number according to § 27a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 114707273
Responsible for journalistic-editorial contents:
Prof. Hugues Lantuit, Scientific Coordinator of the Nunataryuk project
The content of all web pages of this website is protected by copyright.
Frontpage images ©: Leneisja Jungsberg, Juliane Wolter, Martine Lizotte / Takuvik Laboratory. Video © Sebastian Westermann. Map © Levi Westerveld / Grid Arendal
About page images ©: Leneisja Jungsberg, Kirsi Keskitalo.
Work Package images ©: WP1 - Jaroslav Obu, WP2 - Thomas Opel, WP3 - Liam Jasperse, WP4 - Bennet Juhls, WP5 - Natalia Doloisio, WPs 6,7 and 9 - Leneisja Jungsberg, WP8 - Hugues Lantuit / Michael Fritz, WP10 - Liam Jasperse.
Press Centre images ©: Martine Lizotte / Takuvik Laboratory,
News items / blogs © Nunataryuk consortium, unless otherwise identified in the caption.
Rights of use
The Nunataryuk project / Alfred Wegener Institute authorises the following private use of images on this website:
- copying the images to your private computer
- the printing of images for private archiving or decoration purposes
- the forwarding of the images to friends and family, together with reference to their origin, mention of the copyright notice and reference to the purely private use requirement.
The Nunataryuk project / Alfred Wegener Institute authorises the following free use of images in the press section (image and map libraries) of this website for editorial journalistic publications under the following conditions:
- The images are used to illustrate contributions about the work of the Nunataryuk project.
- The complete copyright notice is named as deposited in the metadata (IPTC data), i.e. in the form "Nunataryuk project consortium/Surname, first name".
Images under a Creative Commons license may be used according to the license used.
In general, the Nunataryuk project / Alfred Wegener Institute does not grant permission to use images on this website for the following purposes:
- Advertising, design of advertisements, commercials etc.
- Sale of products in which the focus is on images (T-shirts, coffee cups, large prints)
- Sale of digital copies of image data.
No liability is assumed for completeness, editorial and technical errors, topicality, omissions, etc. or the accuracy of the content, unless the author can be proven to have acted with intent or gross negligence.